



I can't believe it but we leave tomorrow early in the morning for our group trip~ the half way point of the trip! We are going to a couple different cities and visiting lots of famous, fun places in Taiwan. Last night I went up to the mountain side with all the girls and had a delicious meal looking out over the city lights. Taipei 101, the tallest building in the world, was shining brightly through the clouds and was quite the beautiful sight. The taxi ride up the mountain was terrifying to say the least, but in the end it was worth the nerves! As of right now I am in the works of planning a trip to Hong Kong for Nov. 5-9th~ meeting up with my best childhood friend Emily Isensee. Hong Kong is only an hour and half flight away from Taipei so not quiteee as long as my last flight, i think it is doable!
I have been running and swimming a lot here and that is when I really realize where I am. I am away from the group and alone to my thoughts. There is a track here on campus that I have been running on and it feels so great to get moving! I look out at the tall buildings the dark green mountains and realize that I am literally half way across the world from my only home I've known. I thought that at some point here it would be more like, oh yeah I'm in Taiwan no big deal, but truly I still get those excited giddy feelings of, 'OH my gosh I'm IN Taiwan!" It's a hard feeling to explain to someone who hasn't been abroad, and clearly I can't do it justice with that description but it's my feeble attempt to show you all my thoughts! Love you all lots!
No comments:
Post a Comment